Yesterday, me and my mom went to the Le Meridien Hotel for a complimentary 3-course lunch @ Al Nafourah. Thanks to my aunt for giving me the voucher. FREE DINING OK!!!!! Was pretty excited... And well, Al Nafourah serves Middle east food.. ==

MIND YOU, I DO NOT KNOW WHAT'S THEIR FOOD LIKE.

I do not know what to expect.. But according to Teddy (whose uncle been there to eat before) she said their dishes abit weird and different from what we used to have (obviously..). And most probably we wouldn't enjoy it very much..

So... here are some photos of what we had.

A small cup of berry juice.

VERY small la the cup! Not that I care la... I couldn't finish it in the end. Taste a bit weird...

Salad

The appetizer

When they brought out them all out, I was like..

"NOW WHAT? How the hell do I eat these things?!!"

==" Damn Swt ok.. So many bowls of 'cream-like' thingy. Went and asked the waiter who served us. He was pretty friendly laaa.. Started explaining what's the name of each bowls of thingy he brought. And we were suppose to eat the 'pita' bread with so many types of cream. =S

Ooooook...

Fried balls of 'yam'.. I guess.

Before I go on any further, please be reminded that I DO NOT REMEMBER ANY OF THE DISHES' NAMES ACCURATELY. The waiter explained to fast and I do not what he was saying.

Anyway, the "yam-like balls" are ok. Taste like YAM. You know, YAM?! And I don't really remember the taste of the sauce they comes with..

My 'pita' bread with salad
I DO NOT LIKE TO EAT SALAD. But my mom forced me to eat cuz still got so much on the plate.. FINE!

No, this is not edible. It's my mom!

Naans - to be eaten with the creams.

"Lap cheong"??!!!!

I tell you... I do not know what the hell is this. It LOOKS like the Chinese "lap cheong"... but it DOES NOT TASTE LIKE ONE LOR!!!! Mom say its mutton... I got no comments la. We couldn't finish this one.

Olives

I've got no idea what to do with this. I didn't ask the waiter bout this. So we just left it as it is.

Eggplant 'cream'

"Dunno-what" cream


And there's one more 'cream' which I didn't capture its photo.. That was the best among all the 'creams.' Taste like abit sweet and sour.

The appetizers.

Me eating.

OH!!! Another thing I damn geram is that WE'VE BEEN CHEATED, without us knowing!!!!!!!!!!!

My cup of fresh Orange Juice

Before the appetizers came, the waiter was asking what would we like to have as our main course. There was a few choices. Like I said, I DO NOT remember he name of the dish. But I do remember the waiter asking me to choose between these three choices: Lamb, Fish, or Chicken.

I chose lamb while mom chose fish.


But it turned out to be two fish dishes. So FINE. I shall not complain.

So yeah, then when I was having my appetizers, the waiter asked me what drinks I would like to order. I took a look at the menu he passed to me.. and ordered TWO CUPS OF ORANGE JUICE.

Without finishing the appetizers, we went on to our main course.

My "steamed fish with rice"

The "steamed fish"

The fish was tasteless. "Mou mei mou dou" at all!!!!!!! But I still manage to finish it.. Mom couldn't.. ==


DESSERTS!

I was expecting ice creams... but they gave us THIS!!!!

Milky pudding with SWEET "yau char kuay"

LIKE WTH?!!!!


At least I was better than mom. I manage to finish half before i stopped. Mom only ate two or three spoons of it...

Can see the cute "aladdin"-ish waiter? LOL.

Al Nafourah

When we were about to go out, I reconfirmed with the waiter whether we should pay anything. Surprisingly, the waiter said we must wait for awhile for the bill.

O.O WHAT BILL????

And DAMN!!! THEY CHARGED US FOR THE STUPID ORANGE JUICE WE ORDERED!!!

THE WHOLE LUNCH WAS SUPPOSE TO BE FREE!!!!! FREE OF CHARGE OK!!!!!!!!!

Guess how much the two cups of orange juice costs us?!!!!!!

...


...


...


...


A FREAKING RM43.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


LIKE WTH?!!!!! TWO cups of ORANGE JUICE?!!!!! for RM43?!!!!!!!!!

GAHHHH!!!!!

I feel cheated... they didn't say anything bout the drinks we ordered were NOT included in our free lunch... Gah!!! I guess this is how they make business la right?

But... WTH?!!!!!

........

Overall, the lunch was so-so. Still can telan everything down but I didn't really enjoy it lor. Summore have to pay RM43... *sigh*

That will be the last time I'll be dining at Al Nafourah. The end. Thank you.

P.S: But anyway right, mom and I agreed that our orange juice were the best among all the food we had. LOL. XD

0 firefly(s):

The Author

A student currently pursuing the ACCA qualification.

She despises Mondays, cherishes Fridays, and totally adores weekends.

Enjoys doing many typical activities.

Just another ordinary girl, until you really know her well. ;P In actual fact, I'm SUPERGIRL! *laughs*

Vivian C.

Vivian C.