I don't think I've mentioned this on my blog before.. but I got a reply from Singapore MOE two weeks ago to sit for their ASEAN Pre-U Scholarship Selection Test.

The test was from 14th to 15th June @ Sunway Pyramid Convention Centre. =/ Gone la my weekends, thanks to that test... And oh, It has been ages since I last stepped foot into Sunway Pyramid la!!! Must have been at least A YEAR or LONGER than that... Most probably because its way too far from KL.

And hey! ALL the outings i had never before held at Sunway Pyramid lo. Geez.

Oh, We were seated in pairs in the hall. =/ Didn't talk much to my neighbour much for we were both busy with the tests.


14th June 2008 - Maths and English test.
Started around 12.30pm. 2 hours for Maths paper. Maths was harddddddddd!!!! Some addmaths chapters (Differentiation & Integration, arithmetic progression..) and maths chapters (Probability, algebra..). Goshhhh... Blame me for not preparing much for the paper.

It would NOT be hard if and only if I was really prepared lo. They kinda twisted the questions abit, so it wasn't so bad if I had truly studied for it. *sobs*

English test was divided into two parts: A and B. For part A, it was comprehension. They gave us a looooooong passage about how the writer had to overcome so many obstacles and such before reaching the summit of Cerre Torre Mountain. *cough* For the first 2 questions I tell you.... they asked us to give the meanings of some of the words found in the passage.

All I can say is... My vocabs sucks.

Part B was Essay writing. Only 30 minutes was given.

1. "The elderly plays a role in society"
2. "The uses of computer has benefited mankind in every way"

=/ Or soemthing like that. I thought of doing Q1, but I got not much points for that. So, I chose Q2. Took me 10 mins to jot down the points I had on my mind. By the time I finished, I was damn panicky for I only left 20 mins to write the whole essay!!!

It was ok la in the end. Just that I kinda crap-ed in the last paragraph. =/



15th June 2008 - General Ability test (GAT)
8.30am
Had a briefing on the ASEAN scholarship. I nearly slept during the briefing. And I just realize that Class 20 (the one I was in) is the class for SPM leavers. O.O Meaning other than Class 20, they are STILL in form 5!!! Or even form 4!!!

HEY!!! How did they manage to do that Maths and English paper huh?!!!!

Huiyooooo..

10.15 - 10.55am.
GAT was... =D Great. Though I'm not so sure whether I answered all the 38Qs correctly... but still it was nice to do la. Was pretty happy doing it. I checked on the forums before this, most of them said it was more like an iq test. =/

Hmmm... and yeah, you can actually answer them all with your logic lo.

They give you a few sets of patterns. Identify the relationship between the sets. Then fill in the blank. =) Had fun doing it.

11.00 - 12.00am
One hour sitting in the hall, doing random stuffs. They were trying to kill some time by showing us some photographs of the ASEAN scholars, which they repeated for many many times till we got bored of looking at them =.=

Made a few new friends: Ragini (=/ Not sure bout the spelling), Siew Ting and one more whom I'd forgotten to ask for her name =.=
Talked bout lots of stuffs. Ragini apparently is stoning at home, doing nothing. She'll be starting her SAM soon at Taylors' under Telekom scholarship. Siew Ting doing form 6 somewhere in Ipoh. o.O

No photos. Too bad. ><
Btw, 90% of the students who were selected for the test are chinese.
*****

=) That's all for the test. Didn't walk around Sunway Pyramid Shopping mall on those two days cuz i was way too exhausted to window-shop...

Oh. today is Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day
To my daddy =)

Didn't celebrate for I took a long nap from 2.00pm till 9.00pm.

xD LOL!! Ganti next time. Ta!

0 firefly(s):

The Author

A student currently pursuing the ACCA qualification.

She despises Mondays, cherishes Fridays, and totally adores weekends.

Enjoys doing many typical activities.

Just another ordinary girl, until you really know her well. ;P In actual fact, I'm SUPERGIRL! *laughs*

Vivian C.

Vivian C.