7th March 2009

It was a Saturday and there was no school. Nevertheless, I had to wake up as early as 7.30am. Got a call few days before from Pn.Toh to help out in another event under Girl Guides. =D


I don't get why they call it a Family Day though... Not many parents or any of the family relatives of the girls came. Besides, most of them came by their school buses. Hmm.. It's an annual event btw and it has been held at the same place (Desa Waterpark) since.. last two years? Sis attended the function before when I was still in form 5. Not sure about the previous years...

About 2000 girl guides came.. Ranging from the brownies till rangers.


Look at the amount of girls who came on that day! ... scary..

They were separated into 4 groups, according to their zone that their school in. Keramat, Pudu, Bangsar and Sentul.

During the opening ceremony... Shereen & Maxine.

Balloons~~ XD

And then they're off to play!

This is my first time to Desa Waterpark. The park is not really that big.. and the condition of the park is not a pretty sight compared to big-ass theme park such as Sunway Lagoon. Then again, it's considered OK la..... at least the girls had fun.


Since I came as a committee member, I need not pay RM18 for the entrance. Sis had to for she went as a participant. She had fun with her friends in the park, while I didn't.

I HAD TO TAKE CARE OF ONE OF THE GAME STALLS.

The one I had to take care was the "knock-down-cans-with-balls." I nearly got MURDERED while taking care of the stall. During my first shift, it wasn't that bad because there was a guy to help me pick up the cans and rearranging them. So fine. I just had to pass the kid (most of them who actually played the game are brownies) two balls for one coupon and let her throw at the cans.

Next shift, I was doing it with another committee member. And I, VIVIAN CHOONG had to pick up the cans and arranging them back! And for dunno-how-many-times (I lost count in the middle), I had to squat down and back up to rearrange stupid cans. STUPID i tell you. The other member had to pick up the balls thrown by the kids. So the two of us, looking all idiotic, had to squat down to pick up balls and cans.

And those stupid red cans I tell you. Have a close look at them. Click on the following photo to enlarge.

... dunno how the fella take picture wan.
WHERE'S THE MASCOT'S OTHER EYES IN THE PICTURE?!
=_______=

IT'S DAMN OBVIOUS THAT THOSE CANS ARE COCA-COLA CANS LO. Why bother spraying paint on them? Fine, I know your intention of covering up the brand so that you guys (the authorities of desa waterpark) won't be seen ADVERTISING the Coke cans for free. (or maybe the other way round, you guys hate Coke, thus, you feel happy by letting their Coke cans to get knocked down by kids. HAHA!)

But the quality of the paint is like damn sad!! Use a better paint, or better yet: DON'T PAINT THEM AT ALL. Save your $$$. My arms were all covered in patches of red paints. The paint on the cans was coming off! dammit.

In the end, I was all sweaty and covered in paints. AND I still had to SQUAT DOWN and STAND BACK UP to arrange the cans!!! The queue was NEVER-ENDING I TELL YOU.


I had to pray silently that every single time they throw, they would miss the cans! Reduce the trouble I had to go through OK?! And the amount of NOISE everytime the kid manage to knock them down!!! The whole hall can hear!

AND I TELL YOU!!! Some kids had the intention of KILLING ME!!!!! I SWEAR!!!

Once, I was still picking up after the previous kids manage to knock every cans down (Yes, a strike. Damn.), THE FELLA THREW THE TENNIS BALL WHILE I WAS THERE, SQUATTING DOWN PICKING UP THE EXTRA CANS.

!$&(#@*!*@#$@#$!(*#@

I was pissed and shouted
"MAU BUNUH ORANG KA?!!"

The kid, as expected, giggled and ran away with her prize (a ruler/pencil/eraser).

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!
*#(@*$(%@($#(*@%$(!@*(


I CAN NEVER LIKE KIDS I TELL YOU!!!

When the queue for the game finally stopped (THANK GOD!), the committee member who was helping me IMMEDIATELY closed the counter together with me by throwing all the cans and tennis balls to the floor and RAN FAR FAR AWAY from the stall!!!

NO MORE CANS!!! NO MORE BALLS!!

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!

I took a stroll around the park with my aunt and sis after that. Oh. Aunt was there as one of the commitee member too.

The kids were like MONKEYS!!


Had brunch with them at the stall nearby the entrance. Aunt ordered a meehoon while sis and I shared Nasi Lemak. The price was unreasonable for something so small. But we still ordered. We were too hungry!

Most would know that I don't usually complain about food. I don't judge them.

But that was THE WORST FRIED MEEHOON I've ever tasted!!!!! It was so lembik and all wet. =____=


SEE!!! It was sooooo bad that I didn't even wanna take a picture of it!!! YUCK!!!

After lunch, we had to go back to the hall.





Ice cream we had.

Oh. The committee members were given a pot of "Phalaenopsis" orchid each. =D I chose a purple one while aunt took the pure white.



With my aunt and Pn.Toh. And aunt's orchid.

That is all people.

NO MORE CANS OK!!! Thank you.

0 firefly(s):

The Author

A student currently pursuing the ACCA qualification.

She despises Mondays, cherishes Fridays, and totally adores weekends.

Enjoys doing many typical activities.

Just another ordinary girl, until you really know her well. ;P In actual fact, I'm SUPERGIRL! *laughs*

Vivian C.

Vivian C.