Alone in the apartment, locked in solitary confinement for the day, frantic for word of Mahtob, I worried for my sanity. In tearful frustration and anguish, I did what I had told Mahtob to do. When you feel that you are alone, you can always pray. You are never really alone.

I close my eyes and tried. Dear God, help me! I began... but my exhausted mind wandered, immersing me in a sudden pang of guilt. I had ignored religion for years, turning myself to my God for help only when I found myself in hostage in a strange land. Why should He listen to me now?

"Not Without My Daughter"
-- Betty Mahmoody with William Hoffer


Hmmm...

0 firefly(s):

The Author

A student currently pursuing the ACCA qualification.

She despises Mondays, cherishes Fridays, and totally adores weekends.

Enjoys doing many typical activities.

Just another ordinary girl, until you really know her well. ;P In actual fact, I'm SUPERGIRL! *laughs*

Vivian C.

Vivian C.